General Guidelines and Helpful Hints
- First of all, if you need anything at any time, we are all here to help. All of our contact information is at the top of the page. Please leave a voicemail if we aren't able to pick up the phone; we want to talk to you!
- Please do not smoke in your apartment.
- Please respect the plumbing; don't put paper towels, feminine hygiene products, t-shirts, or other non-flushables in the toilets or sinks.
- Keeping things clean on a regular basis is easier than trying to clean everything all at once right before you move. Please do general cleaning every couple of weeks or so, including vacuuming and mopping, to make sure we can return your full deposit.
- We recommend Renter's Insurance. Contact us or our insurance agent Rhett Butler at 706-354-0444 for more information.
- We do our best to keep our units as clean and nice as possible, and unfortunately that's a lot harder to do when there are animals involved.
- We do not allow pets such as cats or dogs. Pet Fines of $250 will be charged every time we see a cat, dog, or similar in your apartment. Don't make us charge you!
- Assistive animals such as guide dogs are of course permitted anywhere a human is. If you have or are training an assistive animal, please bring its registration to the office. You accept full responsibility for any damage the animal may cause, as you do for yourself.
- Limited approval for cage/terrarium/aquarium animals may be granted, and needs to be noted in your lease. Please contact us about this.
- Rent is due on the first of the month. If the first falls on a day the office is closed, rent is due the following business day.
- We only accept payment by check, money order, or online through Dwolla.com. We do not accept cash for any payment at any time.
- We are happy to hold checks ahead of time, to be deposited after the 1st of each month.
- Rent is considered late after 5 pm on the 1st of each month.
- After 5pm on the 5th, you will incur late fees of $30. These fees increase to $60 after the 10th, and then $90 after the 15th.
Ways to Pay Rent
These are the methods for making any payments, including rent, deposits, or anything else.
- Pay online with no fee through Dwolla.com.
- Check or Money Order made out to Green Properties, then bring or mail it to our office at 350 Riverbend Pkwy, Apt B1, Athens, GA, 30605.
We don't take payments by cash, because we like to have a paper trail for all payments.
We don't take credit/debit cards because we don't want to charge you $10+ every time you make a payment.
Usually, Bus #12 stops every 15 minutes in front Surrey Square. It goes down to The U, which is just a 4-minute walk from Cross Creek. Then it comes back up Riverbend, stopping again in front of Surrey Square on the other side of the road. If you miss it the first time, you can grab it just a few minutes later on the way back!
Bus #12 runs straight through the heart of UGA's campus to Downtown and back. Connecting buses can take you all over Athens.
Our residents are welcome to park at both Cross Creek and Surrey Square. You can live at Cross Creek and park to take the bus directly from Surrey Square.
We allow guests as long as they are respectful of our other residents. Non-residents who wish to park at Surrey Square to take the bus are welcome to purchase a parking pass for $100/semester. We only sell a few of these per semester.
There is plenty of parking for all of our residents. If you ever have any problem parking near your apartment, please contact the office.
Managing Your Own Utilities
If you are managing your own utilities, you should set them up as soon as possible. Utilities can be scheduled as far in advance as you like, but should definitely be done 2 weeks before your move-in date.
- Contact Georgia Power (1-888-660-5890) and ACC Public Utilities (706-613-3870) to schedule the beginning of your electricity and water services.
- All of our units are equipped with an optional Security System. Please call our office at (706) 543-8505 to get more information and set up service.
- Cable/internet/telephone services are provided by:
- Charter (National Toll-Free: 1-888-438-2427, Local Toll-Free: 1-877-728-3121, Local Office: 495 Hawthorne Avenue, Athens, GA 30606-2503)
- or AT&T (1-888-757-6500). Recent experience has shown that AT&T can provide telephone and internet service, but that quality for the price is lower than Charter’s. AT&T cannot provide its television service to our properties at this time.
- Satellite dishes are prohibited by your Lease.
Here's a map to all our standard utility providers, starting and ending at Riverbend Parkway.
Athens-Clarke County Public Utilities
124 East Hancock Ave, Athens, GA 30601
1001 Prince Ave, Athens, GA 30606
495 Hawthorne Ave, Athens, GA 30606
Athens Shopping & Sights
A Note About Safety
Green Properties Management, Cross Creek Apartments, and Surrey Square Town Homes are locally owned and operated. We have a friendly on-site staff that is always happy to answer questions. Riverbend Parkway is just a mile southeast of UGA's main campus, just outside the Athens 10 Loop. All of our apartments are equipped with security alarms, deadbolt locks, smoke alarms and fire extinguishers.
If we have left any questions unanswered, please feel free to contact our Property Manager, Jeffery Green, by any of the methods listed at the top of the page.